Saturday, June 2, 2007

Logic versus emotion

Sometimes I scratch my head when guys and girls argue.

Girl: Why didn't you call me last night?

Guy: My handphone battery went dead and I couldn't get home till midnight.

Girl: But I waited till 1am!

Guy: I was too tired darling. I'm sorry if I kept you waiting.

Girl: (sob sob, sniff sniff) You don't love me any more.

Guy: Of course I do. I told you I was just too tired and I didn't want to wake you up by calling so late.

Girl: Bwaa haaa haaa (cries loudly)

Guy disappears, comes back with flowers and chocolate. Girl wins.

You know that thing about men and women coming from different planets? What if its not a joke?

Boys like to use logical argument to explain themselves. Girls like to use emotions to get their way. Boys are dumbfounded that girls can't accept logical persuasion. Girls can't understand why boys don't "get it".

First they dismiss it as just a boy/girl thing. Then it gets bigger. After a while they just tolerate each other. Sometimes after 20-30 years all communication breaks down.

If the way we solve problems is a criteria, we're like cat and dog. And yet we can't live without each other.

Strange place we live in.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so true! Emotions are our weapons to provoke guilt and attention. Although I know it's frustrating to the guy and try not to do it ;)

I used to have a boyfriend who was actually like that.. failure to reply to his smses or missed calls within 15 minutes, and he gets all miffy. Nevermind that you happened to be driving or in a meeting. Sometimes I felt like I was the guy and he the girl in the relationship haha.

Bryan said...

Yea some guys got a short fuse. Some are a bit of a 'dumb blonde' too, ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Maybe like my experience. Just like shopping.

Hubby=Walk in, try, pay, go home.

Wife=Walk in, try & try & try. Go other place to try & try & try, pay (continue X8) then go home.

Bryan said...

Hi Cindy welcome to my blog.

Hi Kay, could it be that women are more careful shoppers? :)

Anonymous said...

he..he.. perhaps.

Anonymous said...

Never seems to happen with me. Ive been with afew emotionally void guys before. Not that I was to provoke a guilt trip but... its nice to get some feeling back once in awhile.