Friday, June 8, 2007

Where have all the women gone?

Go to any mamak stall or 24-hour nasi kandar shop and you will notice one thing. There are no she-mamaks. Not one. Okay there might be one or two ladies (non-mamak) helping out but from what I can see, the mamak shop business is monopolized exclusively by men.

Anybody know why?

Still on this topic. Some mamak shops serve more than roti, tandoori and mee goreng. Some are into western food, thai food, even chinese food.

Would you go to a mamak shop for a steak, tom yum or chicken rice?

3 comments:

Elara said...

Hello there, I was bloghopping when I came across your blog. Anyway, I won't go and have western food or any other types of food besides the usual roti canai/typical mamak food at mamak stalls, because it's just not right. Lol. =)

Anonymous said...

If I feel like a 'different' experience of Western food, I still go for it.
Me, when I'm hungry..anything goes la

Bryan said...

Phatelara, welcome to my blog. Yeah most mamak stalls revert back to the usual staple after a few months.

Kay, actually I tried a chicken chop at a mamak stall once and was it was actually not bad :P