Thursday, June 14, 2007

Body or personality is more important: My take

Thanks to the few who graciously responded to my questionnaire on the net and my friends on terra firma, it seems that most girls I asked (more than 60%) seem to prefer guys who are socialites with normal body type. Meaning type a2 according my questionnaire.

That means I lost my bet with my buddy Ken: one dinner on the finding that most girls prefer type d3, i.e. an opinionated SOB, big on attitude, swears a lot with a hot muscular body.

Now how did I come to my erroneous conclusion? By observation. Lets assume

Type a - "Normal" social type, nice guy, friendly to everyone
Type d - Opinionated SOB, big on attitude, swears a lot

If I take a sample of 10 type-a friends and 10 type-d friends, I found that only 6 type-a friends have girlfriends compared to 8 type-d friends who do.

I learned two things from this observation. One is that "character" plays a big role in attracting a mate. It acts like a brand. Since everyone's nice and icky, you want to be different so you act and talk like an SOB because it makes the girls notice. The power to attract and to sustain are different though but that's another story.

The second thing I learnt from observation is that despite all the saying that its the heart that counts, the body shape of a guy is more important to a girl than she's willing to admit. If you doubt this, go to a short or fat guy and ask him when was the last time a girl agreed to go on a date.

Would a girl forsake a guy's body for his heart? From my observation initially no but eventually yes. By initially I mean the first couple of months after pairing up. A mate with a hot bod is a good asset to show off but after a while, the novelty wears off and reality sinks in. And by the way, I think its the same for guys too.

Anyway my little unscientific survey shows the opposite is true i.e. most girls do seem to prefer nice sociable guys with normal not-so-thin not-so-muscular bodies.

And I thought nice guys finished last :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your survey just shows that not-so-nice but hot guys get to shag the girlfriends of the nice but not-so-hot guys first. Too bad. :)

Bryan said...

Yeah that seems to be the pecking order ;-)