Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bad weather

"You can run from the cold but you can never run from the heat"
- A good friend o'mine

Of late we've been hit with extremely bad weather, as in very hot days with cloudless blue skies.

It was sweltering hot in KL yesterday, so hot that you could literally cook an egg on the pavement.

My ideal environment is a cool 10 deg C but since I am in the tropics, I'll settle for a day-long thunderstorm with lashing rain, 100kmh winds and visibility cut down to 10 feet. Oklah, I'll settle for Genting-like temperatures and clouds hanging out in my room. Anything but this searing heat.

How different it is in the place I last lived (US) where people would worship the sun. They'd bring out their tanning lotions and bask every chance they get. Winter? No problem. They got tanning salons. They want heat, gamma rays, x-rays, whatever rays and can't get enough of it. A sunny day in March will create a carnival-like atmosphere with bikini parties and shit. I hate it.

I think the people in the northern hemisphere should migrate to the desert and the tropics where they can enjoy 40-degree heat all year long plus all the flies and mosquitoes they can handle. By the next millenium, they will have an ever better deal when temperatures soar to maybe 50 degrees centigrade courtesy of global warming. Even at death they can arrange the ultimate in heat-worshipping - a fiery crematorium.

For me I prefer the north pole. I'll even offer my services to Santa for free if he could take me on his sled. Anything but this bad weather.

2 comments:

... said...

I am living in Kuantan.. The weather here is a lil weird.. Normally it used to rain during the end of the year which is also called the Monsoon Season. However, at that time it turned out to be hot and now it is raining cats and dog almost everyday. Despite the rain, the heat is still damn hot.... Life is changing then

Bryan said...

I wish KL weather is as wonderful as Kuantan's.