Wednesday, May 2, 2007

What do girls really look for in a guy?

I thought I had the answer to this but somewhow I found myself stumped when someone asked me the question yesterday.

Well actually the first thing that came to my mind was the old Singaporean "5C" answer a.k.a. Cash, car, credit card, condo, cock.

Now the last item has to be mentioned because out of 100 people walking down Orchard Road that looks like a guy, some are not really guys if you know what I mean.

But I wonder is the 5C answer still true today?

Before you say something I have a better question: Is that all that girls want?

I mean what if the guy is 80 years old and raves like a crazy lunatic but endowed with the 5C's? What if he's fat and lazy and full of shit but rich?

I think the 5C answer is presumptous. It assumes that all girls leech off their guys for material comfort (girls, doesn't that just piss you off?), you know, the insistence that the boy must always pick up the tab at the restaurant and for just about everything that costs money. It may be normal in my grandfather's time but women didn't demand equality then.

But wait, who am I kidding. Have you ever met a girl who offers to pick up the tab at the restaurant? I haven't. Note to self: Next time I spot the waiter coming with the check, I should try excusing myself to the bathroom and see if she ponies up the money or hovers over the unpaid check with a saccharin-sweet smile until I come back.

Ok, so maybe the first 4C's are still valid and whether the girl believes in chivalry or just is a plain simple freeloader, the outcome is all the same - the guy pays.

Conclusion: a girl looks for someone to "take care" of her financially, never mind if she's more "loaded" than the guy.

Now on to the 5th C. There was a time when I actually believed that girls didn't really like sex but treated it as the price to pay for love. Nowadays if you don't give any sexual innuendos on the first date she'll think you're gay.

Conclusion then: a girl uses sex as a tool to tie up a guy into a long term commitment so she can freeload a little longer so you definitely must have a cock.

Conclusion now: Uhhh.... (is sex still an effective tool to reign a guy in nowadays? I thot have cock will travel.)

Now despite this carefully structured analysis that I've laid out, I know girls will bash my head with their purse if I tell them this is what they really want. So anyone know the answer?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think 5c's not enuf for most girls but it is a good start. love,security n feeling comfortable and romance is also in the equation

She's Jess said...

I'll go for a guy who's slightly older than me, take gd care of me and most importantly, the willingness to share.

And no, not all girls don't pay for meals, like me :p

leonard leao said...

I think gals want guys with the 5S nowadays...Smart, Sensative, Steady, Selfless and Suave. Agree?

Bryan said...

beng2, love & romance survives a few years only. After that married couples always fight over money (or the misress) so I guess u r right about the security n feeling comfy part.

She's jess, thing is many girls equate the taking care part as giving money (as in no money, no honey). Luckily not all are like that :)

Leonard, wouldn't some girls take sesitiveness and selflessness as a sign of weakness? But yeah I do like the 5S becoz there's nothing about money there.

Anonymous said...

Be honest which do you think a girl prefers? Car, credit card, condo, cock or Smart, Sensative, Steady, Selfless and Suave. Their "Perfect Man" would have all of that. It's hard being a guy.