Monday, May 28, 2007

Body art. Do you?

Business is booming in New York City. Not tattoo or body piercing shops but the tattoo removal business. That's according to CNN.

Apparently many wall street executives and young mothers who once clamored to have tattoos done are now clamoring to get them off, permanently. Enter the laser tattoo removal peeps.

We asians are smarter. We've got tatts that wear off after 2 weeks. But I'm not sure about the holes left behind by piercings on the tongue, nose and other parts of the body. Do they heal?

I have no piercings or tattoos to worry about and so its not my area of expertise but I've wondered about this. If you're invited to dinner by your future parents-in-law, would you take off the chrome studs on your pierced eyebrows and tongue just for the occasion, even though the reason you have them in the first place is because they define 'you'?

Would you bother to cover up that tattoo on your arm or belly button? Or would you do the love-me-for-what-I-am thing?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd take it off. Don't want to make future in-laws feel uncomfortable la..

Anonymous said...

if i decided to get a permanent piece of art on my body, i wont hide it from anyone.

my multiple ear piercings on the ear make kids awed and going "i want to get another pair too", but make their parents shudder. =P

Bryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryan said...

Oops typos in the my prev comment.

Hi Kay, ya that's that the Americans are feeling too hence the art removal biz.

Hi Chloe, way to go! I do hope the artwork still looks good 20 years later.