Saturday, February 24, 2007

Would you go to the movies alone?

I would and I have, and some of my friends think that's being a loser.

But I think I know why. Its all to do with the reason why we go out.

When I do go out alone (and that's not very often), I have a clear mission and my mind is focused on that. It may to buy a remote controlled car, a CD, or a movie. Bumping into a friend is a bonus.

But my friends are different. They're the type that would only play their video games when their friends are around. Going out is not just to see but to be seen. Its a social experience.

Well to me its not good or bad, just different. I may be a loser to them but I don't see them as losers. Only afraid of their own company.

3 comments:

Cherry Popcorn said...

I have yet to go to the movies alone. I wouldn't mind actually but somehow I think its something that I have to overcome first.

I have so many movies I wanna watch but often can't find a partner to watch with me. So i end up not watching. Shall try it one day. Watching alone.

Nice post.

Anucia said...

I used to think that the person who sits alone in the cinema theatre is a loser.

However, i believe quite the opposite now. a person who shops alone, sits alone in a coffee house and watches a movie alone is almost always a person who is confident and does not need to be defined by the number of friends he has.

Im glad that i am now able to do the first to without an ounce of consciousness. have yet to watch a movie alone as i absolutely cannot stand the cold or to be politically correct-the absence of heat.


anyway, yeah..there's nothing wrong going to the movies alone!

Bryan said...

Princess, if you set your mind on actually watching the movie and not worry about being seen alone, then you will most probably enjoy it.

Anucia, thats exactly how I feel!