Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Who done it?

There was an old joke that made its rounds when I was in high school.

Question: Why do societies allow men to have more than one wife but not for women to have more than one husband?

Answer: Because if the latter happened and if there was a child, nobody will know who the father is.

Back then, we dorks would laugh at anything even if it was a lame-assed joke. But one party that sure ain't laughing nowadays is the family of the decased ex Playmate Anna Nicole Smith.

According to CNN this morning there are now 5 (yes five) men claiming to be the father of her child. At stake are millions of dollars in inheritance.

Questions flashed through my mind as I heard the news. How many more guys will come out and lay the same claim by this time next week. Did she really sleep with that many men 14 months ago (Dannielynn is only 5 months old). Was it an orgy or what and how come nobody wore condoms? How would the reporters write this story if Anna was some poor girl from the ghettoes in America.

I forget. Sex, scandal and money is headline material. This is gonna go on for a while.

Reminds me of another joke.

A teacher asks the class to write a short essay containing four major subjects: religion, nobility, sex and mystery.

In a flash, Anna 's hand shoots up. Amazed at the rapid response, the teacher asks her to read her piece out loud.

"'Oh my God!' exclaimed the countess, 'I'm pregnant. I wonder who did it.'"

No comments: