Saturday, February 10, 2007

My damned psycho neighbours

Sunday is my no holes barred day so I am going to rant.

I've had quite enough of my neighbour's daily screamings at his live-in girlfriend. It's been going on day and night for months. I normally steer clear of other people's domestic problems but when it starts to deprive me of my slumber every other night, I have to draw the line. And its not just me. The whole neighborhood is pissed off.

When someone screams of "Get out of my house!" at the top of his lungs and smashes objects to reinforce his message, its not hard to guess what's happening. He's got serious anger management issues. She's unable to moderate his anger. After a year of this daily torment, surely any feeling of mutual love would have evaporated.

Whenever the volcano erupts and the man screams at her to f*** off, I tell myself that's your cue bitch, go, go! But she doesn't! The only thing you could hear are whimpers and muffled cries behind the door as the man tears through the things in the house with the fury of a tornado. Hence my million dollar question, why in god's green earth does she still hang on to this jerk?

I don't get it. The woman's clearly not a prisoner as she moves in and out of the house freely. She even goes shopping. A nosey neighbour finds out they're not married ans she's in her late 20's, he in his early 30's. There are no children to complicate things and no friends or family ever comes to visit. And yet this woman still chooses to hang on to this sorry excuse of a man, ever willing to take his shit.

I've heard stories that women believe they can change a man. Is it true? Can someone really be changed by some power outside of himself or herself? Or is it just a coward's excuse to avoid making a hard but necessary decision?

While I'm convinced the guy belongs in an asylum, I'm beginning to think the woman is also a psycho. Only a sadist would volunteer themselves to be a punching bag. This one has got mental disease written all over it.

Before anyone says its unfair to simply point at the girl, I have this to say. It takes two hands to clap. I say both are not serious about solving their problem. Why? Because if he REALLY wants her out of his life, he could have waited for her to go out one day and changed the door locks. If she REALLY wants the abuse to end, she could have walked on and not turn back. Since neither happened, the only real conclusion left is that both are not serious. Who knows, terrorizing each other might even be a bizarre turn-on for them, fulfilling some kind of sick and twisted psychological need. Real bastards, both of them, for making innocent families here suffer their daily trash.

I wish they would pack up and leave and let the neighborhood return to its once-peaceful state. They say we live in a crazy world. I just wasn't prepared to see it so close to home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe the only thing keeping them together is the make up sex :O!

Bryan said...

Hmmm... what a gruesome thought :)