Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Cartoons, man's ultimate saviour


So my favorite channels on tv are 60 and 62. Those are Astro's. I don't watch RTM and Media Prima stuff. If you don't know, 60 is Nickelodeon and 62 Cartoon Channel. Yeah dude, cartoons rock. Can't live without 'em.

People who know me cannot reconcile the fact. You? they'd sputter. Cartoons? But you talk like someone who's wired to CNBC and Bloomberg.

Huh? Since when does what you watch define you? Well ok, maybe there is a wee bit of a connection. If I like kick-ass action movies you won't catch me watching Mary Poppins. So what is wrong with the likes of Teen Titans, Justice League and Spongebob Squarepants?

Cartoons remind me of how we grown-ups like to make life more complicated than it needs to be. Honestly, there's a lot we can learn from the warped mind of a kid. Why get anal about nutritional data on a cereal box when all you need is to recall the happy faces surrounding the bowl of coco puffs on telly. Health? Tell me, do you really wanna live till 100 when you can't even pee without assistance?

I think toons are practical. If you take away their gravity defying, time cheating and body stretching qualities, you can learn more about life in 20 minutes of Samurai Jack than an hour of Lost. And my own eyes tell me that women's reaction to Johnny Bravo is more realistic any day than to Alex "Hitch" the date doctor. If fantasy's your cup of tea, nothing can beat manga stuff.

Cartoons are funny, realistic and to the point. They can solve any problem you throw at them in 20 minutes or less and things always end well. Now isn't that how life should be?

No comments: